21 February 2010

it's the sound of the unblocking and lift away

TWhat do I want?
What do I want?
What do I want?
What do I want?
What do I want?
What do I want?
What do I want?
What do I want?
What do I want?
What do I want?
What do I want?
What do I want?

And when I figure it out, how do I get it?

Today, I am angry. I'm not quite sure why. I just know that I'm angry.
Sometimes I'm tempted to get rid of it all--to pick up my desk and my bed and all of my clothes and throw them out the window to my apartment. Then to leave and just start walking to no where and figure it out as it goes.

I'm so tired. I'm tired of this life that has been forced upon me by typical American standards and the dreams of those who are not me, but who think they know what I want.

How can anyone know what I want when I don't know what I want? How can I trust the advice of others, how dare I ask for the advice of others, when I have no idea what I'm doing?

And when do I get to figure it out? Will I know when I get there? Will I ever get there?

I'm twisting to the sun I needed to replace
And the fountain in the front yard is rusted out
All my love was down in a frozen ground

There's a black crow sitting across from me
With his wiry legs crossed
He is dangling my keys, he even fakes a toss
Whatever could it be that has brought me to
This loss?