16 November 2009

to the ghosts who write history books

I am so happy with him. We're comfortable together. We trust each other. He's just amazing. He knows things about my past that make most people look upon me with disdain and use words like "whore," and he's able to look past all of it. I haven't even thought about the other boys in weeks, because I don't need to anymore. I feel like this is going to work out. I don't want to miss out on this. And I am so scared.

Can you hear the hum
Of our song?
I hope they get it right.
I hope we dance tonight,
Before we get it wrong.

And the seasons will change us new
Be the best I know
And you know me
I could not be stuck on you
If it were true

I was sleeping
My eyes were dark 'til you woke me
And you told me that opening is just the start
It was.

Now I see you, 'til kingdom come
You're the one I want
To know me for all the stupid shit I've done.